Do not delay in making VISA arrangements for entry into the United States if needed. Such arrangements are the responsibility of attendees and other participants and may take a month or more.
How to Obtain a Visa
Complete information on how to apply for a VISA to enter the US can be found on the U.S. Department of State's website.
- A step-by-step outline of U.S. Visa application procedures
- Estimated wait times
- More information on the Visa process and a glossary of related-terms
Visa assistance from the IEEE Communications Society
Technical paper authors can generate their visa assistance letters from ComSoc in EDAS.
- Log into EDAS and find your paper in "My Papers".
- Toward the bottom of the page, you will find in the properties column the words "visa letter", and beside it, an image of an envelope outlined in yellow.
- Click on this envelope, and you will be able to confirm or change your address information reflected in the letter.
- Then the system will generate the letter for your use.
If you have any problems, please click the help tab in the EDAS system.
All other speakers and attendees and authors requiring hard copy letters should follow the instructions.